This is definitely our favourite of the local herbs and we use it in our Native Thyme Oil.
Native Thyme, sometimes called cut-leaf mint (you’ll know why when the menthol aroma hits) was used by Indigenous Australians for its medicinal properties but we now use it in cooking. Best fresh but also potent dried and ground. Very easy to grow at home directly in the ground or in small pots on a balcony if you have a smaller space.
◎ Scientific or Latin Name: Prostanthera incisa
◎ Seasonality: All year dried
◎ Region: Grow at home
◎ Taste Comparison: Thyme or Mint
◎ Uses: Thyme or Mint
- Tamarind and thyme creme brulee
- Guess who's back? Back again. Thyme Oils back. Tell your friends!
- Chia crusted Barramundi with chickpea mash and muntrie salsa
- Truly Aussie Dukkah
- Warndu Oils and Vinegars Four ways
- Bush recipe: Muntrie, Fig and Prosciutto Salad