Warndu offers a unique cultural immersion experience exploring the importance of Place, Taste and Story connected to the native food products provided by Warndu. This experience is delivered in collaboration by Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal educators, this is a perfect opportunity to be inspired and engage in conversation to hear our personal and professional journeys.
Through the lens of Place. Taste. Story the intention is to develop a deeper understanding of:
- The importance of authentic relationships with Aboriginal people (social, physical, and spiritual).
- How food systems can play an integral role in supporting sustainable future cultural and economic aspirations.
- The importance of key cultural expressions (language, harvesting, song, dance, art) and how each connect the past to the present.
- The diversity of Aboriginal identities and experiences.
- Our shared histories while celebrating the contributions and achievements of Aboriginal people.
Format and what is included:
- Warndu Education Place.Taste.Story (90 minutes, half day and/or full day)
- Premium Australian Native foods mailed to organisation
- Presentation, Yarning Circles (tastings) and Q&A
- Explore Aboriginal Australia Guide
- Recipe card and discount voucher
- Access to Warndu Native Food App
- Booking is required at least 1 month in advance.
Warndu Education can be delivered in person or online. It is important to note all experiences can be personalised for each organisation to meet desired outcomes. Warndu supports organisations who aspire to collaborate and work in partnership with diverse Aboriginal Nations and achieve key objectives in their Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP).
Contact us below for more information or for a quote.
Warndu is Indigenous owned and registered on Supply Nation.
Testimonial ~ Karen, Good Shepherd Lutheran School
"It was a real pleasure to take part in your workshop at Endeavour College: Reconciliation – More Than A Word (Conference). My preconceived ideas about First Nations food was greatly clarified and enhanced. I loved the way you shared with us about the importance of the connections around food – sustainable productivity, nurturing country, their bodies, spirits and culture. Having the opportunity to taste the food was also
very enlightening and gave me a much richer understanding of First Nations foods. Lastly it gave me a greater hunger to dig deeper into my own knowledge of our local areas First Nations food/culture. Many thanks again for your very enjoyable session. Every blessings as you continue to share your knowledge."
Testimonial ~ Sue, Our Town Kimba
"I just wanted to reach out after the zoom and Warndu Indigenous Education Place - Taste - Story experience last week. I also wanted to pass on my absolute joy in how valuable the interactive experience was. I loved every component and with Damien and Margie the time just flew by!".
Testimonial ~ Elisa, HASS Curriculum Leader at Playford International College
"I saw Damien and Margie's presentation at a conference for Humanities teachers. It was one of the most valuable PDs I've been to. Straight after, my colleagues all said the same thing - 'we have to get them to come to our school!' There are so many connections - history, geography, food and hospitality, tourism, as well as general cultural awareness. Using food (with delicious taste samples during the presentation!) was such a wonderful way to bring the importance of culture and place to life!".
Testimonial ~ Deana, President of Humanities and Social Sciences Association of South Australia (HASS SA)
"We invited Damien and Margie to deliver the Keynote for our 2022 annual conference ‘Our Shared Place’ to more than 100 attendees. Their address was relevant, inspiring and incredibly powerful. Feedback from teachers shared that they walked away with practical strategies and felt empowered to teach sensitive content. They were wonderful to plan with, responsive to our requests and able to create a bespoke session suited to our needs. We can’t thank them enough and look forward to working with Warndu Education in the future."