Add Warndu Bush Botanical - Premium Australian Natives strawberry gum and wattleseed powders to your pavlova for a super twist! This recipe is sure to delight and easy for any home cook.
Give your Pavlova an Aussie Native twist with our Strawberry Gum and Wattleseed ground powders!
- 9 free range egg whites
- 3 tsp boiling water
- 3 tbs strawberry gum powder
- 300g caster sugar
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 300ml cream
- 60g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp wattleseed
- 100g wild strawberries, riberries or muntries
- Edible flowers
1. Use a large bowl about 20-25cm and trace it with a pencil on some baking paper. Turn it upside down on a baking tray so you can see the circle outline. Start by making the meringue. Place all of the ingredients into your stand mix with the whisk attachment and beat on high (9-10) for ten minutes.
2. Pile the meringue into the circle on your baking paper and use the spatula to spread evenly to the edges. You can use an upward motion with a palette knife to decorate the edges and try to get a smooth top to make piling the cream easier. Rough and rustic is also fine.
3. Preheat the oven to 100.C Bake for 1½ hours. Turn the tray halfway through. When cooked turn off the oven and let it cool completely in the oven before removing. If not serving within a few hours, wrap in cling wrap or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Whip the cream with the icing sugar and wattleseed.
4. Pile on the pavlova and decorate with the berries and flowers.
Get your taste buds dancing with a true blue selection of Australian native ingredients, ripe for the picking!