Lemon Myrtle & Finger Lime Gin Muddle
This is a great place to start your native fruit journey, a cheeky cocktail recipe.....
◎ Lemon Myrtle Sugar
- 3 tbsp raw sugar
- 8 -10 dried Lemon Myrtle leaves
- 1-2 tsp finger lime chips (use 2 if you like a tangy punch)
To make the sugar: Grind sugar, lemon myrtle and finger lime in a spice grinder until fine.
◎ Cocktail Base
- 3 tbsp Lemon Myrtle sugar
- 60ml gin or Banks Botanical non-alcoholic spirit
- 30ml lime juice
- 2 lemon myrtle leaves for garnish
- 2 sprigs mint (native if you have it)
How to Make
1. Combine 3 tablespoons lemon balm sugar and 3 tablespoons water in a small saucepan over medium heat and simmer until sugar dissolves. Refrigerate syrup until ready to use. Place remaining lemon balm sugar on a small plate. Rim a cocktail glass with the lime wedge and run the rim around the sugar; refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Combine the gin or Banks Botanical, lime juice and 15ml of the syrup in an ice filled shaker. Shake well, then strain into the sugar glass and garnish with the with extra mint and lemon balm.
Get your taste buds dancing with a true blue selection of Australian native ingredients, ripe for the picking!