- 800g mixed dried fruit
- 100g muntries
- 100g dried riberries
- 100g Macadamias, chopped
- 1teaspoon Lemon Myrtle powder
- 1teaspoon strawberry gum powder
- 1teaspoon Wattleseed, ground
- 1/4 cup of Applewood Distillery Okar or Sherry
- 2 cups of cold Warndu herbal tea, coffee or fruit juice
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons Quandong jam (any jam fine) for glaze
1. Mix into a bowl then soak everything except for the flour. Preheat the oven to 130.C.
2. Stir in the flour to your fruit mix. Line a large baking tin and pour in the mix. Bake for two hours on the bottom shelf of your oven.
3. Remove and using a pastry brush, cover the top of the cake with the Quandong jam while it's still warm. Enjoy!
#christmascake #recipe #fruitcake #australiannativefood #fruit #cake
Get your taste buds dancing with a true blue selection of Australian native ingredients, ripe for the picking!